The 10th floor was just put on top of the listed Bikinihaus and around its entire circumference there is a terrace enabling you to enjoy a breath-taking vista of Gedächtniskirche, Budapester Straße, Kurfürstendamm and City West.
From the neighbouring NENI restaurant you can watch the monkeys in their enclosure at the Berlin Zoo during the day, not visible at night of course. In exchange the phrase “Life is Beautiful” illuminates the Berlin night sky from the Monkey’s rooftop terrace – in a way also the motto for the night.
On the inside, the Monkey Bar does not only surprise with its panorama view through its window front from floor to ceiling but also with many quirky-ironic design details. A huge black relief of a Gorilla is looking down on the barkeepers and if you walk around the corner, a giraffe mural looks at you with its inquisitive eyes. And next to the bar there is a little robot going up and down the wall drawing patterns.
Monkey Bar in the Bikini Haus
Budapester Straße 40
- Sunday to Thursday: 03:00 pm – 01:00 am
- Friday and Saturday: 03:00 pm – 02:00 am
- Price Level: Cocktail prices examples : Mai Tai Monkey Style: 12,50 euro, Cosmopolitan: 11 euro, Old Cuban: 13,50 euro, Daiquiri Libre: 11,00 euro
- Card Payment: EC and credit card
- Parking: There is a car park which does not belong to the hotel though. Tariffs: 2,50 per hour, for a duration longer than 7 hours the daily rate applies. The park tickets can be paid and validated at the front desk of the hotel on the third floor. All cards accepted.