Gay-friendly cafes and bars can be found throughout the city, though historically the streets around Nollendorfplatz in Schöneberg were the gay-friendly hotspots. Today you’ll find gay bars all over the city, though—even in the places you might least expect. The new gay Berlin has pretty much moved over to Neukölln where you’ll find gay clubs, queer bars and even occasional drag shows.
Popular gay parties include Homopatik and Revolver (and other nights) at the fetish-friendly Kit Kat Club. Though I tend to go for the smaller parties in more indie clubs like below. In Schöneberg you’ll find a lot more fetish clubs, but Hafen, Heile Welt and Tom’s Bar are all relatively tame bars worth checking out in that area. Other than those, spend your time in Kreuzberg, Neukölln or Friedrichshain where even if the bars aren’t labeled gay, you’re still likely to run into queer boys and girls on the dancefloor.
- Tom’s Bar – It’s a bit of an institution for gay Berlin. The bar has 2-for-1 drinks on Monday nights and a certain stench in the air (maybe coming up from the popular darkroom in the basement). Not for the faint-hearted though, the bar shows gay porn on the TV screens. Many tourists from the nearby Gay Hostel show up here.
- Schwuz – One of my favorite clubs in Berlin, Schwuz is gay every night with regular themed parties. My favorite is the first Friday of the month when it’s “London Calling” night with indie Brit-pop and occasionally live music. Also popular is the Madonnamania night (only when there’s a 5th Friday in the month).
- GMF – This is your stereotypical gay party. Think pop music, attractive boys without their shirts and just generally a lot of fun. It’s every Sunday night.
- Möbel Olfe – It’s a gay bar but you might not know it (except for the giant sign out front proclaiming “Homo Bar.” It’s a smoking bar so you won’t come home smelling pretty if that’s what you’re after.
- Silver Future – Located on trendy Weserstrasse in Neukölln, this quirky queer bar is a great place for a meetup or a casual drink.
- The Club – A newer bar on the gay scene in Berlin, The Club is just a casual, neighborhood queer bar. They’ve got discount drink nights and regularly put on events like art shows, RuPaul’s Drag Race screenings and drag shows.
- Rose Kennedy – This student-friendly gay party takes place in one of Berlin’s best club spaces, Brunnen 70, on the last Saturday of each month. It can get a bit dirty, so prepare yourself!
- Meschugge – A monthly gay party that bills itself as Berlin’s decidedly unkosher Jewish night. Locals and tourists alike dance under Israeli flags and to Middle Eastern themed music. It’s always a lot of fun and they usually hold special events during Jewish holidays.
There are also two great Berlin meetups in Berlin for LGBT travelers:
- Queer Couchsurfers Meetup – A monthly meetup at the Suzie Fu bar in Neukolln, depending upon demand.
- Queer Beer Thursdays – An expat group that meets up every Thursday in a gay bar. The group is friendly and they always welcome tourists!
SOURCE : TRAVELSOFADAM